At Back on Track Health Clinic we house a state of the art hydrotherapy tank. Hydrotherapy is the use of water to provide a therapeutic environment for people to exercise in. The physical properties of water (buoyancy, viscosity, hydrostatic pressure) allow us to help:
- Relieve pain
- Promote relaxation
- Mobilise joints
- Strengthen muscles and reduce muscle spasm
- Develop balance and coordination
- Improve general fitness
Hydrotherapy is particularly beneficial for those people who suffer from injuries or musculoskeletal conditions that are easily aggravated by weight-bearing or land based exercises.
Hydrotherapy Information Video
Who Is Suitable For Hydrotherapy?
Some of the many conditions include:
- Back pain
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s disease and stroke
- Pre-operative strengthening for joint replacement
- Post-operative rehabilitation for joint replacement, fractures or tendon repair
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Balance and coordination problems
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
Hydrotherapy is covered by medicare and private health funds. If you are unsure of how you can claim hydrotherapy under medicare and private funds please feel free to call us on 96049744 and book for an appointment today! All sessions are fully supervised by our exercise physiologists and physiotherapists.