The Pilates method is a mind-body centring technique that emphasises the importance of beginning movement from a central core of stability. It is a fantastic way to improve posture by strengthening the muscles that often switch off due to poor movement patterns. These specialised core stability programs are conducted by experienced physiotherapists trained in clinical Pilates and are a safe and effective exercise method that can:
- Improve flexibility and balance
- Improve posture and body tone
- Improve pelvic floor function
- Strengthen the core during and post pregnancy
- Improve activities of daily living and sports performance
Classes run in 5 week blocks with an initial consultation to determine individual biomechanical issues. Please contact us for more information about the next class and to book an initial consultation.